When introducing agile methodologies into an organization with legacy products, consider building the “Perfect Slice” a “a fully formed feature where all the ‘layers’ – from the database to the user interface – are properly executed, but where the scope is intentionally and sometimes drastically limited. It’s my belief that it’s often better to do a great job on a fraction of the functionality and completely leave the rest out, than it is to do an okay job on a longer feature list.”
Some thoughts on the role of Product Management by Sachin Rekhi, a former product manager at LinkedIn and Microsoft.
Interview with @hunterwalk, Former Director of Product at Google about product management.
- You are building a sustaining innovation product.
- You don’t care if you’re wasteful.
- You achieve product-market fit.
Earlier today comScore released November mobile market share numbers for the US. Android and iOS continued their gains, with Android picking up some momentum over Apple. Some version of the Android OS is now installed on 53.7 percent of US smartphones.
Meanwhile the other smartphone operating systems continued their long slow declines, including Microsoft’s. ComScore’s data suggest no traction for Windows Phones in the US, although there is some evidence of adoption in Europe and elsewhere.
Written by Panayiotis Mavrommatis, Anti-Malware Team
In the past year, the number of sites affected by malware/badware grew from a handful a week to thousands per week. We noted your suggestions to improve communication for webmasters of affected sites — suggestions mentioned in our earlier blog post “About badware warnings” as well as the stopbadware discussion group. Now, Webmaster Tools provides malware reviews.
If you find that your site is affected by malware, either through malware-labeled search results or in the summary for your site in Webmaster Tools, we’ve streamlined the process to review your site and return it malware-label-free in our search results:
- View a sample of the dangerous URLs on your site in Webmaster Tools.
- Make any necessary changes to your site according to StopBadware.org’s Security tips.
- New: Request a malware review from Google and we’ll evaluate your site.
- New: Check the status of your review.
- If we feel the site is still harmful, we’ll provide an updated list of remaining dangerous URLs
- If we’ve determined the site to be clean, you can expect removal of malware messages in the near future (usually within 24 hours).
We encourage all webmasters to become familiar with Stopbadware’s malware prevention tips. If you have additional questions, please review our documentation or post to the discussion group. We hope you find this new feature in Webmaster Tools useful in discovering and fixing any malware-related problems, and thanks for your diligence for awareness and prevention of malware.